All previous recaps 📂
Over the last ten weeks:
- The Fire Jar got a new logo
- People unsubscribed every time I wrote about business 🤦♂️
- I created an intro "trailer"
- Self-doubt is real: I look back at old episodes and cringe. I worry regularly about saying something stupid on the internet. I'm embarrassed by basically everything that I've ever made. I don't think creative insecurity ever goes away. Maybe the inner-critic just gets quieter over time?
- The Fire Jar is hard to define: Some have suggested that I focus narrowly on consistent subjects. Others enjoy the wide-ranging topics and surprises. You readers are a diverse mix (including people that I don't know at all). One of the key rules of business = know your audience. How do I square this tension? Who are you? What's the common thread...? TBD.
- I love hearing from people: The weekly newsletter format has led to great connections and thought-provoking conversations. I learn a ton when you write back and share your thoughts. Candid feedback and regular dialogue are essential ingredients in this recipe. Thank you!