Today, you'll write - and hide - a letter to yourself.
This can be a useful, long-arc experiment. A gift of memory and perspective.
Jump to any section:
Simplest option is to schedule an email:
- Write an email to yourself, responding to these prompts
- Schedule it to be delivered / returned in 6-12 months
If you don't know how to do this (or don't want to), you can write a physical letter, by hand 📨. Hide it, and set yourself a calendar reminder.
- A reminder: What will you want to remember about your current situation, insights, or experiences?
- A question: Something you might be able to answer, presumably from gained experience.
- A challenge: Based on something you recently decided or discovered. Have you acted on this intention?
- A prediction: A single outcome, or several likelihoods. How accurate was it?
Adapt as you wish, of course.
Schedule, and hit send ✨
One day, you'll get a letter from a past version of you: A brief taste of time travel.
My only request?
In six months,
let me know what you learned.
Shout out to Steve Y 👏
for the excellent prompts
You may also enjoy:
Ep 29 - "Notes to Self"