This is based on a series of post-it notes I keep near my desk. Various pieces of creative wisdom and reminders to self. Mostly stolen from other people.
I scan the list when I'm feeling stuck.
Usually something in here helps.
Borrow and remix, as you wish!
Copy this list!
📃 View in text format
- Use analog formats / techniques
- Write fan letters to your heroes
- Don't take $$ (unless you're ready to be told what to do)
- Get organized: Physically and digitally
- Ask for help: Feedback is a gift
- Know that people are smarter than you
- Don't take the criticism personally
- Practice your craft, every day
- Remember: First drafts are always bad
- Reinvent yourself, as needed
- Don't take yourself too seriously
- Go to sleep: Revisit things in the AM
- Demystify: Process > inspiration
- Be patient: Enjoy the slower, scenic route
- [ add your own! ]
Do you have something like this too?
Share your own!
Thanks for your responses :